I certainly don't have it all figured out nor will I ever but, this I do know...I have an indescibable hope and joy in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Sometimes I feel like it's all bottled up inside, so this is one way that I can pop the cork and share my faith with you.





Saturday, May 21, 2011

May 21, 2011

Today is the end of the world..... so somebody has decided

Not worried, cuz I have nothing to be worried about.

First of all the bible says only the Father knows when Jesus will return. Therefore, WE DO NOT KNOW and we are not suppose to know. We are only to be ready. This media frenzy drives me nuts, who are these people.

I do not say this in arrogance, and no I'm not perfect, but I do know that Jesus Died for my sins, (and Lord knows I'm a sinful human), hears where I stand...

I know to whom I belong. (the bible tells me so)

I have accepted Jesus as my Lord and savior, (as the bible instructs and my heart knows)

I believe that He is Gods son. (the bible tells me so)

He is my Lord and Savior (yep, the bible tells be so)

and I have been immersed in baptism (just like jesus was)

I long for the day when Jesus returns.... I've been ready for many years !

I've tried to ignore this nonsense in the media, but I just gotta say what's on my mind about it....The bible is what I know to be TRUE.... not what some guy or organization claims to be true.

I do agree with one thing in all this hoopla and that is..... Be ready because no one knows the day, or hour! When Jesus returns there are two options

Heaven or Hell

I choose Heaven :)

Mark 13: 32-33 No one knows about that day, or hour. Not even the angels in heaven, nor the son but only the Father.Be on your guard! Be alert,You do not know when that time will come. AMEN

We do not know and we are not suppose to know, we are only to be ready if we want to spend eternity with our Father in heaven.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Amen! Thank you, Jackie.

Brianna said...

It's so wonderful to have this confidence and assurance. I didn't even bat an eye and at this rapture talk. Amen sista'

Megan said...

I will admit, while i am a firm believer in the Lord, and I've given my life to him, trying to live the way He wants me to and serve the purpose He has created me for...i was nervous when 6pm rolled around on the 21st. I knew it wasn't REALLY going to happen then, like the bible says, no one knows the day nor the hour, only God knows. but a part of me was nervous going, What if i haven't done enough? What if it really happens and i leave loved ones behind, or they leave me behind? It was a little niggling in the back of my mind and a small knot in my stomach, but once 6:01 came and nothing happened, to anyone, i knew that it wasn't too late for me. I knew that My faith in God hadn't been tested yet. So now, I DO look forward to the day He will return for His church. What a joyous day it will be!