I certainly don't have it all figured out nor will I ever but, this I do know...I have an indescibable hope and joy in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Sometimes I feel like it's all bottled up inside, so this is one way that I can pop the cork and share my faith with you.





Friday, August 20, 2010

Suffering...it's really not such a bad thing

It's been awhile since I've updated my "spiritual blog", I've wanted to it's just not as easy for me, cuz I have a harder time putting my thoughts into words...So much GOOD STUFF, so little time for my thoughts.
I've been reading a great book called "BE STILL MY SOUL"
embracing God's purpose & provision in suffering.

I certainly don't pretend to be an expert in "Suffering" but I'm learning about it from a whole different perspective and I'm loving that.
In the preface the book there's a little blurp that says this...
Few of us get through life without having the winds of difficulty blowing through our lives.
At some point, when those winds blow, what we need most is something secure to tether ourselves to, something strong and unmovable that will keep us from being swept away in a storm of questions, fear, discouragement and disillusionment.
We need to tether ourselves securely to what God has said, to the promises of God.
HE is the anchor of our soul.
When things get tough, when things seem impossible, when we are afflicted whether physically or emotionally, In our weakness we need to anchor ourself to God, then... we become strong.
This whole topic deserves much more thought, there is much I have learned and want to share , I will blog more on suffering soon
Romans 5:3-5

3 comments:

Brianna said...

I like the visual of tethering ourselves to God. It's so true and I'm so thankful for it!

Kathy said...

I have been encouraged more and more by the faith bloggers have shared - seems each time I read something it speaks deeply to my heart - have been through some trials in my life and can attest to the tethering myself to God - so very true,
God Bless,
Kathy

forgetmenot said...

Jackie, I have a personal challenge to face tomorrow and I must say your post has given me a great deal of encouragement and strength-thank you so much. Help comes from the strangest places sometimes. Thanks again. Mickie :)