I certainly don't have it all figured out nor will I ever but, this I do know...I have an indescibable hope and joy in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Sometimes I feel like it's all bottled up inside, so this is one way that I can pop the cork and share my faith with you.





Thursday, November 13, 2008

Five basic statements of faith

A few years ago our womens sunday school class watched a video series by Beth Moore called, Believing God. Beth is an amazing speaker and I memorized a neat little exercise that she taught from those videos.
Each week she had us raise one finger at a time to emphasize each point and we spoke aloud 5 basic statements of faith:
1. God is who He says He is.

2. God can do what He says He can do.

3. I am Who God says I am.

4. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

5. God's word is alive and living in me.

After saying these 5 trusts we then stated....
"I'm...believing....God"

I knew all these things and believed all these things but by actually saying them week after week and repeating them at home everyday, I finally started to put it together. What was in my head began to trickle down into my heart. It was sort of like a building and trusting of what I already knew, but now it somehow seemed more real.
I'm not one to just believe anything without having some knowledge and thought put into it. But one thing is true...I believe in what the Bible teaches. I read and interpret for myself, I believe that the bible is Gods word therefore...the
Truth.
2Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.


To back-up those five statements of faith that I believe to be true and inspiring I looked up some biblical passages to support what I believe as true.

#1 God is who He says He is.
Isaiah 41:4
I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.
Exodus 3:14
God said to Moses, "I am who I am.* This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'IAM has sent me to you.' "

#2 God can do what He says He can do.
Isa 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
(* this one is endless, too many examples to list!!!)

#3 I am Who God says I am.
John 1:12
I am a child of God
Romans 8:17
And since we are his children, we are his heirs. In fact, together with Christ we are heirs of God’s glory.

#4 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Psalm 18:2
The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the strength of my salvation, and my stronghold.

Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.

#5 God's word is alive and living in me.
Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is full of living power. It is sharper than the sharpest knife, cutting deep into our innermost thoughts and desires. It exposes us for what we really are.

The writer to the Hebrews reminds us that God speaks to us through His Son; "In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe." Hebrews 1:1, 2

I dont know about you...but "I'm believing God"

0 comments: