I certainly don't have it all figured out nor will I ever but, this I do know...I have an indescibable hope and joy in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Sometimes I feel like it's all bottled up inside, so this is one way that I can pop the cork and share my faith with you.





Thursday, June 19, 2008

He takes hold of my hand

There is nothing in my life more reassuring!!!
Knowing that in all I do, God has my hand in his. I remember this being a vital prayer when I had my 1st weekend of "call" in my new job, and the many days right after I got off orientation. My preceptor was not with my anymore but I knew God was. Man...that's what sustains me, ESPECIALLY when I'm afraid and feel alone.

An except from my Journal May 2, 2008 (new job,orientation)
So hear I sit on my lunch break, sort of sad, wishing I wasn't here everyday, wishing away my days....again. So I turn to my bible( in my backpack) and just start reading. I feel and overwhelming peace and reassurance as I read This verse.

For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you,
"Do not fear; I will help you" Isaiah 41:13

I went on to write...
So, I will feel my hand in His as I get through these next 6 weeks. Thank you Jesus for your comforting promises.
I did make it through orientation and the year to follow. I'm not reaching for His hand quite as much these days(atleast while at work) but I know that all I gotta do is close my eyes and
reach out and there it will be

0 comments: