I certainly don't have it all figured out nor will I ever but, this I do know...I have an indescibable hope and joy in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Sometimes I feel like it's all bottled up inside, so this is one way that I can pop the cork and share my faith with you.





Friday, June 27, 2008

When it comes to suffering

Lately I have been overwhelmed with the "sick". Every week I take care of many people who are not going to get better. Those are the ones my heart aches for. Cancer is not always a death sentence (thank God), but many do die from this wretched disease. I see the effects of this affliction everyday which helps me remember just how blessed our family is. It's so sad to see these folks (alot my age) that suffer through the "process". Alot of the procedures I help with are only palliative. It's gives them a few more months with their loved ones.
Many of my patients share with me (while on the table) that they trust in God and that's what gets them through. How do those who don't know the saving grace of Jesus, "get through it"??? One thing that I observe is that the ones who trust and know Jesus, have a "peace" about them. The other's seem more scared, angry, unsettled. Not that the ones who know Jesus aren't scared and tearful, but they seem more serene, many share that they know God will take care of them. Taking care of them doesn't always mean "heal them". God never promised us a life free of suffering, but he did make some pretty awesome promises. Promises that get us through our struggles...maybe even unto death. I have not had any physical burdens or illnesses that even come close to what I see people suffer with daily. I feel blessed and I'm thankful for everyday of good health for me and my family. I'm reminded of two wonderful verses (promises) from God that I need to jot down and carry with me to work. It may be just what someone needs to hear as they go through a scary and uncertain time.
I believe God puts us where we are because that's where he needs us to be.
"Lord help me to be a reflection of your son Jesus to those who are lonely and sad. Help me to share your wonderful promises so that maybe a glimpe of hope and peace can be felt by those who dont know you. Also help me to encourage and remind those who do know you that you are with them through it all. That nothing.....nothing can take away the love that you have for them, and these promises will hold true, even when things seem so hopeless. Amen"
God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in time of need.
Psalm 46:1
You will have courage because you will have hope. You will be protected and will rest in safety.
Job 11:18
Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous hand Isaiah 41:10

1 comments:

Brianna said...

I feel just the same way