I certainly don't have it all figured out nor will I ever but, this I do know...I have an indescibable hope and joy in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Sometimes I feel like it's all bottled up inside, so this is one way that I can pop the cork and share my faith with you.





Thursday, June 5, 2008

Energy and Hope in Christ

Thank God for Jesus!
He is the energy and the hope that keeps me going everyday.
It's an amazing thing to know that I'm a child of God. I belong to Him and He is in control (Boy does that take the pressure off me). It's often hard for me to give up the reins, I have that instinctive nature to always want to be in control, but as I've grown, matured in my faith and witnessed God's goodness I know I'm not the one with the hands on the wheel. Giving up "control" is like lifting a thousand pounds off my shoulders. Don't get me wrong, I still make my own choices, God lets me do that. Some of my choices are prayerful choices and some are "spur of the moment". When I fall, I feel God picks me right back up again, brushes me off and gives me that little shove while saying, " I Love you Jackie, you will make mistakes but continue to trust in me", you know I am with you always." Knowing (and believing) this truth gives me that craving to want to depend on God for everything. I want to live a life that pleases Him, and I want to be the person He created me to be. I'm having fun trying to figure that out and I have all kinds of ideas, but "stuff" gets in my way. But I believe I will continue to be molded into that image like Christ and be the person God intended for me to be.
O Lord, you are our Father.
We are the clay, you are the potter;
we are all the work of your hand.Yet, O Lord, you are our Father.
We are the clay, you are the potter;
we are all the work of your hand. Isa 64:8

0 comments: